CNC Coolant Care and LED light upgrade in the VMC
I go over how I maintain my coolant and show the results of upgrading to LED lighting in my VMC.
I had a bore size issue on the #1 Tap Adapter Trays. This is the setup of job to fix the bore size and chamfer. I made a math error on the first tray. I have a Patreon page if you would like to see more videos, access to design files (Electronics and Mechanic), and pre release access. Thanks for watching!!!! Please subscribe.
Things that happen when machining. Haimer 3D probe repair. Machining some softjaws.
My first week experience with the Haimer 3d Universal Probe did not go great. With in 30 minutes I had broken a tip. A few days later while running a part the probe fell from the BT40 ATC pot and damaged it. I contacted the manufacture and was advised repairs were not possible. No parts other than the probe tips are available.
At this point the expensive indicator was a door stop so I decided to disassemble it. I began assessing the damage, zeroing the indicator via 4 grub screws, and clean up of the rubber boot ring. I used my lathe to check out the probe position and accuracy. It now works just fine.
I have a Excel PMC 5V20 Vertical Machining Center with a Fanuc OM control. Keys below the CRT were busted and damaged. After purchasing a new keysheet, I verified fitment. The keysheets for the Fanuc are glued on and need to be removed and reapplied.
After cleaning the front of the Fanuc bezel, I replaced the keysheet and the control looks like brand new. In conclusion, I’m really happy with the results and the PCB board is again protected from coolant and other contaminates.
Home Shop Garage VMC is machining parts. I did some test cuts and rigid tapping in 6061. I purchased a used mill and moved it into my home shop. So far, the mill is in good condition and making tolerances on parts. It has taken some time to go from an older HAAS control to the Fanuc OM control.
First chips, file io with new controller and drip feed testing to the Fanuc OM.
Cutting the first chips on the CNC Mill. I used a Titan Ausys DNC to upload code to the Mill. Tested workflow getting programs on the mill directly. I also tested drip feeding programs to the Fanuc OM.
Late night of work but the toolchanger is now working. The issues was a simple one. The motor that drives the toolchanger was out of phase. It was in reverse rotation. I switched L1 and L2 connections. The toolchanger for the CNC Mill now works like it should.
Troubleshooting the automatic toolchanger on the cnc mill.
I put some G-Code on the machine with a Titan DNC. Noticed issues getting toolchanges to happen. I went over the Fanuc Ladder determine what was happening. Finally, I decided to start tearing into the ATC to debug. I also did some more cleaning and maintenance of the toolchanger. I removed guards and the main three phase drive motor.