AX.25 encode is complete and seems to work well. AX.25 decode works, but I have a special mode and also have a CTCSS listen setup to remotely turn on that mode. Still some items to do , but its almost time to put this on a board. If you are interested in this project please let me know. I was able to get my Brother Laser printer to work with the toner transfer method after some trial and error. I had great results using a Brother HL-4070CDW and Kodak inkjet photo paper using a iron and being very patient with the soak.
I have several radios that don’t have CTCSS or the ability to page out fire tones. I figured I’d solve it with a programmable AVR. I started with a basic Arduino board and progressed to c code to control various circuits for the generation and detection of tones. I’ll be posting some pics and information soon.